Thursday, October 22, 2009

IronCupcake:Earth Entry - Fiery Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes


Somebody call 9-1-1...
This cupcake IS ON FIRE!

I've been a little cookie/cupcake/sugar-art obsessed lately - and I've stumbled upon so many awesome websites and blogs that have been inspirational, not to mention jam-packed with splendid ideas.
One blog that really caught my attention is the IronCupcake:Earth Challenge. I've decided to put my baking skills to work and enter the contest this month ~ First of all and MOST IMPORTANTLY...here are the prizes that are up for grabs...
The Challenge?: Choose a song and develop a cupcake around the title.
*****************************************************
The Song I Chose: "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston
The Cupcake I Developed: Fiery Hot Cinnamon Cupcakes
This song has been played just about nonstop at our house since my kids first heard it on the radio, oh...about 4 months ago. It's catchy, you can't help but shake what your mama gave you just a little (can you hear it? i hope so!)
The cupcake is a basic white cake infused with a top secret "HOT" ingredient and cinnamon imperials...and topped with a cinnamon flavored buttercream frosting in the shape of a flame, as well as coordinating sugar sprinkles. The flavor is reminiscent to one of my favorite candies - hot cinnamon bears (or lips at Valentine's Day).
This is the first time I've ever "made up" a recipe...so far so good.
I had so much fun creating this cupcake, and also competing against some other incredibly talented bakers. Plus, I've learned a lot more about the features Flickr has to offer (tylenol please).
You know what else? If you think my cupcake is worthy, you can VOTE FOR MY ENTRY @ http://www.ironcupcakemilwaukee.com between Oct. 30 @ 8 p.m. and Nov. 5 @ 12 noon. Mine is the very last one, it goes in ABC order by blog name. I'd appreciate it so much - THANKS!!

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

1 comment:

Steve and Kathy said...

Go girl...I voted...you're gonna win!!!!